So why is it some places give amazing, kind service and others not so much. At this particular business they were working in very close quarters. They had to like each other because there was nowhere to go and hide. The mechanics were all young, very young in fact. I did notice a man in his 50s who seemed to be overseeing the work. I could see him talking with the employees, I have no clue what he was saying, they just responded in a positive way. I am assuming he was guiding them on how to make a customer happy. If he wasn't in charge, he was doing a good job of being a great role model. I will go back, that is for sure. It was a nice experience.
That conversation led to another spin-off conversation. It was how people want things done their way and only their way. They have a condescending way of letting you know you have not met their standards. Often these people are at the top for a reason, to have things done properly in their world, which is their way. That may work in the corporate world, but it does not work in the volunteer world. When you are working with other volunteers, you are there to help out and make a difference. Volunteers want to be surrounded by nice people.





Great Blog Faye.
ReplyDelete