Skip to main content

What does the Blog title mean

In May, my bestie and I were at the Moose Jaw Spa enjoying one of our rejuvenating time together.  We were celebrating our milestone birthdays and catching up on the time we had to spend apart during Covid.   We spoke of how we felt about being around water and we came to the decision that  "Go to the Water" was a perfect Blog title.  Oddly, naming your Blog is a difficult task and I wouldn't have wanted to make the final decision with anyone else. Besties have very important jobs and naming a Blog is one of them. 

Water has been such an important part of my life. I hope that everyone has a surreal place that brings peace and calmness to your soul.  For me that serenity is achieved when I am near or in water.  I keep it real simple, when I need to center myself or clear my head, I have a bubble bath.  I am a much calmer decision maker in my housecoat.  

I have always envisioned myself living in a cottage on a lake.  I'm sitting on an upper deck overlooking the water with my pontoon boat tied to the dock below.  Yes, a big dreamer.  I have come to realize the closest I am going to ever get to living lake side, is being lucky enough to have a pool in my condo area.  It is a salt water pool and salt water is suppose to be good for your attitude.  That pool has been a great place to meet community members, watch little ones grow and learn to swim and improve your attitude. 

During Covid, I found myself almost daily, in a park close to the river.  It was a place for me to achieve calmness as we all endured the uncertainty in the world.  Thinking back, I would never have believed that my visits would span many seasons as the ice melted and the leaves came and went.  It is still one of my favorite places to visit.

I believe that we all have "water calmness". Just think about how you feel when you sit and watch fish in an aquarium. Are you someone that loves to watch it rain?  Mother Nature is in charge of water, we are in charge of how we feel being around it. 

Moose Jaw Mineral Spa

  

Riverside Park


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

When Pink is just another Color

Just  over a week ago, Waves of Hope hosted an awareness day. We called it "A Day of Hope and Education". It was decided in October that Waves of Hope would get behind a researcher at Brandon University. Dr. Majumder is working on early detection of breast cancer, through a simple blood test. She is also researching to predict treatment outcomes for triple negative breast cancer. TNBC is extremely aggressive and has few treatment options. Her work is to lower the resistance of the cells and make them more responsive to treatment. She is also working on developing treatment options that are not so toxic, but still just as effective when treating breast cancer.  Her dream is to find a cure for cancer.  Little did we know in October what April was going to bring.  It has been an absolute honor to spend time with Dr. Majumder and her husband who I call her wingman. Sujit is her lab manager and so much more. They are two of the most caring and wonderful people I know. The...

Cancerversary

A C ancerversary is a definition that was created by Bestie which means a celebration to honor breast cancer survivorship.  It all began two years ago when I suggested that we should celebrate with a trip for what was going to be her 10-year mark of survivorship. She could pick whatever she wanted to do, and I would do it. We attempted to make plans, some as simple as a weekend in Winnipeg and some more elaborate like a cruise down the St. Lawerence. For one reason or another, we couldn't make anything happen. Life stepped in our way and said, "you aren't going anywhere", and we didn't for two years. Then out of the blue  I got a text from Bestie that said, "do you want to go on a Rhine River Cruise?". This was it; she had picked how we would celebrate and I was in. Yep, we planned what would be the biggest trip of our lives in a few minutes by text. That was nearly a year ago. There is considerable planning that goes into a trip like this. Our roles wer...

A Day after Remembrance Day

This year I decided I would attend the Remembrance Day service in my former community. My sister is very involved in the service there, which is held at the Cenotaph. It was a simple, yet meaningful outside service that represented three communities. Mom at 91, was there wrapped in blankets and a guilt. We are not sure, but we think she has attended about 70 Remembrance Day services. She was one of three 90-year-old people at the cenotaph. Following the service, we went to the Legion for coffee and donuts. What a flashback to my childhood. We enjoyed a short program and then beef on a bun. As always, the Legion members made sure you were well taken care of.   In 1942 when Dad was 20, he left his home for the first time and joined the Army. He spent time in Quebec and then went to Dunderin for advanced training. From there he went overseas to Scotland and England, followed by Africa and Italy. His job was to truck fuel to the tanks. Growing up Dad didn't share many war stories,...