Skip to main content

October Objectives

I am never sure if I like making rules for myself, or I feel more focused following the rules that I make for myself. I find if I am ready to follow my rules, it works better to make them. I got a beautiful journal from my cousin, and I have been keeping it for a special occasion. That came on October 1. Summer is over and I just had an Aunt Joan talk with myself and decided, I needed to grab onto some focus. My focus can be wild and uncontrollable from time to time, so making it mind is a task in itself. I felt the need to name the activity, and I came up with "October Objectives". 
My objectives come under the titles of daily, weekly and within the month. I know winter is the next season to arrive. I want to establish a good routine before the snow is everywhere. It is a fact that you have to do something 22 times before it becomes a habit. 

Daily: 
1. Take supplements. I don't take any prescription medications, but I do have a cupboard full of supplements. I know I need to get back into turmeric, chaga and collagen. I have also added Vit B12. I have become one of those people that can determine the weather by their knees, and they are pleading for some help.
2. Go outside for at least 30 minutes every day. For those of you that walk, this is a done deal. During Covid going outside every day was one of my rules and I did it, religiously. Well, the rule is back in place because fresh air is the best cure for anything in life. 
3. Go to the water. This remains very important to me. This whole blog site is based around this concept in my life. Water is my place of serenity and brings me peace of mind. 
4. Have a relaxing bath every day. This may be my go-to the water some days. Bathing is my time of mediation. I have always come up with more solutions and ideas in the bathtub, than anywhere else. Bottom line here is, I just like the way a bath makes me feel.  
5. Clean something. Something small, like one drawer or cupboard each day. When I am feeling ambitious, I plan to take on the bigger spaces, but until then I will set aside 5 minutes to clean and sort. 

Weekly:
1. Have lunch or coffee with a friend. I had this in my life before, and I need to bring it back. Weeks seem to soar by and before I know it a month is gone. I am pushing the reset button on this one. 
2. Send more catch-up texts. 
3. Make a conscience effort to have good food in my fridge. I also need to have that food prepared to eat. I am a nibbler, so when I go to the fridge to check it out, I need to have decent snacks to grab. I have to get back to my container way of living. When I worked, I had meals in containers, ready to go. I ate better then. 

Month:
1. Deal with my freezer in my fridge. I don't have another freezer, nor do I want one. All summer I have been dealing with an overstuffed freezer. I have beautiful things in it, like chokecherry and grape juice to make jelly. Rhubarb, apples and zucchini. It also has a bit of this and a bit of that. By the end of October it will be used, organized and back to its usual empty self. 
2. Make my closet a place of love. After writing "Love Yourself", I looked at the clothes in my closet. I decided to make my closet a place of "love". This could be a radical move, but I am only keeping clothes I love and love to wear. I follow the rule, if you haven't worn it in a year, it goes. I am going to base my decision on three things: is it getting worn looking, do you love wearing it and have you ever gotten a compliment on that piece of clothing. So, the rules are in place, and I named the date, Tuesday, October 3rd. I took every piece of clothing that I own out of the closets, cedar chest and dresser. I read when you do a task like this, put the clothes on your bed. That way you have to complete it by the end of the day. Three piles are necessary, keep, give away and throw away. On October 3rd, I touched every piece of clothing I own. I dropped off a bag of jackets and winter boots with the Bear Clan. Some went to the thrift store, and some went in the garbage. I believe 1/3 of your clothes are supposed to be gone. I am not sure that happened with me. 
October is a beautiful month. The leaves are changing and starting to drop. I am noticing in the early morning; I see frost on my neighbor's roof. The geese will be forming a V very soon to head south. People are also forming to go south. I did hear that we are to have a beautiful fall right into November. That would be a blessing. I am not sure how everyone else embraces a new season, you may just get up and say, "it's fall". No Faye Fan Fair, just a simple acceptance of each day, whatever it brings. Do enjoy October, however that may be. I read a quote that said, "Trees leave behind their leaves so they can have a new beginning". If you need to drop your leaves and have a new beginning this may be your month. 

Comments

  1. Good information CLD !

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this Faye! I just need your energy and enthusiasm!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Read the Room

There are three settings in which reading the room is required: social gatherings, business meetings and public speaking engagements.  We have all been in a room listening to the same person talk, often about themselves, oblivious to the fact that they are dominating the conversation. We have also been in conversations about a topic that only the person speaking understands what they are talking about. When a conversation is started and it doesn't include everyone, or everyone is not contributing it is time to read the room.    It seems to happen naturally when genders separate and have their own conversations. Historically, it was men in the living room, women in the kitchen. I have found that I love the conversations that result when both genders are sitting together just talking. I know the way I think will be challenged more, and the topics are more diverse. Being included or including everyone in a conversation is not as easy as it sounds. The line I like to use for those that

Redheads

One evening, while doing my channel surfing, I landed on Shark Tank. There were two young entrepreneurs requesting money for their business. They were sisters, with beautiful red hair and pale skin.  They had developed a product line for just redheads and were of course requesting financial support.  I had never given it any thought that the colors of make-up products didn't work for redheads. The sisters were also promoted the uniqueness of being a redhead through their podcasts and other social media sites. It was one of their comments that has sparked this post. Apparently, it is estimated that only 2% of the world's population has naturally red hair. As you would assume, one google search led to another and there are some really fascinating facts about having red hair that I wanted to share.   1. Globally about 140 million people have naturally red hair.  2. Redheads produce Vitamin D more efficiently in less sunlight, making their bones stronger.  3. Red hair is a genetic

Mentally Tough

When I was writing the "Unstoppable" blog, I got caught up on what it means to be tough; as a woman. In that blog I said I was life tough, I now realize that is better described as mentally tough or mentally strong. If you describe yourself as a tough woman in any sort, from any experience, be proud of it. Becoming mentally strong takes some time, and sadly is often caused by life experiences. But, once you are there, you handle situations in a similar manner every time. Mentally strong women come in a variety of shapes and sizes. Their personality doesn't have to be aggressive, just a strong female in her own right.    In  Jordin Tootoo's book he wrote that his brother was mentally tough. His brother would often say that it is all about mind over matter. Since our minds are one of the most powerful things we own, we must really use it to make sense of our lives.  I have heard this said before and I believe it, "we all fight a fight no one knows about". Ther