Skip to main content

Good Morning

A friend of mine once said to me, "when I wake up early, I just get up. We never know how many days we have left on this earth, so why not get up and enjoy them." So, on Friday morning at 4:44 AM, I embraced her words and did just that. It was still dark, but it was starting to break daylight. I opened the door and all I could hear was the birds chirping and I felt the coolness of the night. I decided it was going to be a good day. 

The day began by starting my coffee which is always made the night before and settled into my usual routine on the computer. I had put on Thursday's "to do" list to write more draft blogs. Well, there was a fountain of information on many sites and my fingers were on fire. There was a quote on Facebook that said, "Fact: Every night I look forward to my morning coffee" That is so true for me. Not only is it morning coffee but it is strong and black. I can't imagine what it must be like to not drink coffee. 

I am one of those people that wakes up in a good mood, also known as a morning person. Rarely, am I out of sorts in the morning. There are also those people that are classed as, "not a morning person". They are also known as people, "that need their sleep". I guess the two things go hand in hand. If you start your day in a good mood, you have to stay there. If you start in a bad mood, you have nowhere to go but up. 

If I am going to accomplish anything it will be in the morning. I am not as productive in the afternoon, and rarely do I do anything in the evening. I am not a night owl, that is for sure. 

On Friday, I decided I was going to finish the Thursday list. It takes me longer to do things for some reason, hence the carry over. I do remind myself I am retired, and I can put things off. Especially, things I don't want to do. Such as: wash windows and weed the front of my place. Those tasks alone could put me in a bad mood, if I let them. I have decided I look forward to the feeling of accomplishment, as opposed to the dread of having ugly jobs to do. The reality is, I only have 4 windows and a small area to weed, which wouldn't take much time. It was a "stop talking about it and do it moment". Mother nature has done a great job of keeping my outside windows clean and another great job of nourishing the weeds to help them grow. Bless her little heart for that. 

I am a minimalist when it comes to having food in my house. So much so, I realized I needed to stop at the grocery store at some point. Another job I put off, because I don't like buying groceries. I only have one thought in my head as I put things in my cart, "how on earth do people feed their families with the cost of everything". 

So, on Friday, the to do list consisted of washing windows, weeding and getting groceries. It was also gym day which I have come to realize is like a playdate for me. It is garbage day, and the grass was to be sprayed for weeds. Phew, could it get any busier.

As I was sitting and writing on my couch, this poor little birdie tried to euthanize himself on my window. I heard this almighty bang and there he was on my table, in a collapsed state. I didn't want to deal with a dead bird. I was so relieved that he regained consciousness and sat up. He was on the table for a very long time before I am sure his head stopped buzzing. He watched the garbage truck do its thing and then eventually flew off.

This post will go out on Sunday morning. The morning people will read it, early, like in the morning. The night people will read it later. There will be some that will binge read more than one post whenever they get around to it. In any event, I hope every morning you have a great start to your day. It may be drinking strong coffee, reading the latest blog post, looking at the sunshine or rain. It is the start of a new week, so make it great.      

Comments

  1. I’m sitting in my backyard, drinking my morning tea. There’s a slight coolness to the air, but oh it’s good to be a morning person. ♥️

    ReplyDelete
  2. Same to you Faye!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like my cereal and coffee in the morning .mum

    ReplyDelete
  4. Aah, yes, the morning coffee - something to look forward to!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Read the Room

There are three settings in which reading the room is required: social gatherings, business meetings and public speaking engagements.  We have all been in a room listening to the same person talk, often about themselves, oblivious to the fact that they are dominating the conversation. We have also been in conversations about a topic that only the person speaking understands what they are talking about. When a conversation is started and it doesn't include everyone, or everyone is not contributing it is time to read the room.    It seems to happen naturally when genders separate and have their own conversations. Historically, it was men in the living room, women in the kitchen. I have found that I love the conversations that result when both genders are sitting together just talking. I know the way I think will be challenged more, and the topics are more diverse. Being included or including everyone in a conversation is not as easy as it sounds. The line I like to use for those that

Redheads

One evening, while doing my channel surfing, I landed on Shark Tank. There were two young entrepreneurs requesting money for their business. They were sisters, with beautiful red hair and pale skin.  They had developed a product line for just redheads and were of course requesting financial support.  I had never given it any thought that the colors of make-up products didn't work for redheads. The sisters were also promoted the uniqueness of being a redhead through their podcasts and other social media sites. It was one of their comments that has sparked this post. Apparently, it is estimated that only 2% of the world's population has naturally red hair. As you would assume, one google search led to another and there are some really fascinating facts about having red hair that I wanted to share.   1. Globally about 140 million people have naturally red hair.  2. Redheads produce Vitamin D more efficiently in less sunlight, making their bones stronger.  3. Red hair is a genetic

Mentally Tough

When I was writing the "Unstoppable" blog, I got caught up on what it means to be tough; as a woman. In that blog I said I was life tough, I now realize that is better described as mentally tough or mentally strong. If you describe yourself as a tough woman in any sort, from any experience, be proud of it. Becoming mentally strong takes some time, and sadly is often caused by life experiences. But, once you are there, you handle situations in a similar manner every time. Mentally strong women come in a variety of shapes and sizes. Their personality doesn't have to be aggressive, just a strong female in her own right.    In  Jordin Tootoo's book he wrote that his brother was mentally tough. His brother would often say that it is all about mind over matter. Since our minds are one of the most powerful things we own, we must really use it to make sense of our lives.  I have heard this said before and I believe it, "we all fight a fight no one knows about". Ther